July 26, 2011 Headlines: GE's Offshoring, Blackberry's Layoffs, Steelworkers Fight Back, and More
BI: General Electric moves its HQ of X-Ray division to China, claims it won’t cost US jobs. (And pigs will fly.)
WaPo: Americans unhappy with Obama and Republicans on jobs, economy.
NYT: It’s hard for the unemployed to find jobs if one of the disqualifiers is being unemployed. A possible solution.
USAT: More tech layoffs: Blackberry fires 2000 workers.
Phnom Pen Post: Workers fainting in masses in a Puma factory in Cambodia.
NYT: Manufactured exports are gaining steam in India.
NYT: Sec. of State Hillary Clinton says Asian nations should play by fair trade rules, but fails to mention exchange rate manipulation.
Fast Company: Stunning look at how China is pulling ahead in clean energy manufacturing.
RenewablesBiz: But, the Steelworkers lead the charge against China’s unfair trade practices on renewables.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013