July 20, 2012 Headlines: Campaign Ads, Russia Trade, China in Africa, and More
Ad Age: Both the Obama and Romney campaigns are highlighting manufacturing in their campaign ads.
The Hill: Russia trade bill is coming to the floor.
NYT: China is expanding ties to African nations.
WSJ: The Philly Fed shows manufacturing activity shrinking in July.
The Hill: Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT) calls an insourcing bill “misleading”.
EE: Is Apple a manufacturer?
The Hill: Unemployment claims rise on laid off auto parts workers.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013