July 13, 2011 Headlines: China's Economy Grows at 9.5%, US Manufacturing Layoffs Up, and More
BI: Is China’s leading export to the US unemployment?
NYT: The case for a national infrastructure bank.
China’s economy grew 9.5% in the 2nd quarter. (The US estimate is 1.8%, by contrast.) (Bloomberg) Chinese industrial output was up over 15% (Reuters).
Shop Floor: US manufacturing layoffs exceeded new hires in May.
WSJ: The wider US trade deficit lowers growth forecasts for the 2nd quarter.
Reuters: Some of the world’s most recognizable brands source products from polluting factories in China.
USAT: US clean technology jobs pay 20% better than the national average.
USAT: The Fed is worried about the economy, but will it act?
FT: China gets a key IMF post. Does this mean the IMF will mute criticism of China’s currency manipulation?
NYT: There are nearly 5 workers available for every job in the US.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013