Join us this Thursday for a Forum on America's Manufacturing Crisis and the Erosion of the U.S. Defense Industrial Base
American manufacturing has been in a state of crisis for more than a decade. It has taken its toll on workers, communities, and the nation’s technical and industrial capacity. It has placed America’s economic and national security at risk.
Please join the AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council, the Coalition for a Prosperous America, the AFL-CIO Metal Trades Department, and the Alliance for American Manufacturing at a forum on America's Manufacturing Crisis and the Erosion of the U.S. Defense Industrial Base.
Dr. Joel Yudken will present the findings of a new report, Manufacturing Insecurity, commissioned by the AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council.
Dr. Jerry Abbot, current faculty member and former director of the Industry Studies Program, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University Owen Herrnstadt, Director, Trade and Globalization, International Association of Machinists
Date: Thursday, April 14
Location: AFL-CIO Presidents Room, 815 16th St. NW, Washington, DC (McPherson Square Metro station)
Space is limited. To attend in person you must rsvp to Lisa Johnson email@example.com
To Participate via Webinar:
Click here and enter first name, last name, email address. Then select participant application.
TO CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO THE WEB MEETING: Once “in” the meeting room: click the Audio/Video tab, select telephone connection instructions, and follow instructions to connect your phone to the meeting. *1 to raise your hand.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013