Join us this Thursday for a Forum on America's Manufacturing Crisis and the Erosion of the U.S. Defense Industrial Base
American manufacturing has been in a state of crisis for more than a decade. It has taken its toll on workers, communities, and the nation’s technical and industrial capacity. It has placed America’s economic and national security at risk.
Please join the AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council, the Coalition for a Prosperous America, the AFL-CIO Metal Trades Department, and the Alliance for American Manufacturing at a forum on America's Manufacturing Crisis and the Erosion of the U.S. Defense Industrial Base.
Dr. Joel Yudken will present the findings of a new report, Manufacturing Insecurity, commissioned by the AFL-CIO Industrial Union Council.
Dr. Jerry Abbot, current faculty member and former director of the Industry Studies Program, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University Owen Herrnstadt, Director, Trade and Globalization, International Association of Machinists
Date: Thursday, April 14
Location: AFL-CIO Presidents Room, 815 16th St. NW, Washington, DC (McPherson Square Metro station)
Space is limited. To attend in person you must rsvp to Lisa Johnson email@example.com
To Participate via Webinar:
Click here and enter first name, last name, email address. Then select participant application.
TO CONNECT YOUR PHONE TO THE WEB MEETING: Once “in” the meeting room: click the Audio/Video tab, select telephone connection instructions, and follow instructions to connect your phone to the meeting. *1 to raise your hand.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013