Job Search: What are the presidential hopefuls saying (and doing) about jobs? A new online resource from AAM.
Poll after poll shows that jobs and the economy are the top of mind issues for voters across the political spectrum. President Obama and the Republicans who seek to replace him are giving lots of speeches these days, but what are they really saying (and doing) about job creation?
AAM’s new online candidate tracker tool, Job Search, will keep tabs on what the 2012 Republican presidential candidates, as well as President Obama, are saying about how we can create manufacturing jobs in America. Our goal is to provide a comprehensive repository of statements these candidates have made about the issues Americans care about the most.
How would Mitt Romney’s 59-point jobs plan affect manufacturing? Has Rick Perry’s record as Governor of Texas been too friendly to Chinese state-owned companies? Is President Obama living up to his campaign promises on creating a level playing field for American workers? Find out on Job Search.
Be sure to check back often—we’ll be scanning candidates’ speeches, statements, tweets and media appearances daily, and will record everything they say about manufacturing and jobs.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013