Job Search Greatest Hits: GOP Debate Wrap-Up
This December, we’re bringing you the greatest hits from Job Search, AAM’s Presidential Candidate tracking website.
There have been several GOP debates as we approach the Iowa Caucuses. Job Search has tracked them, and kept the candidates honest on manufacturing jobs. Here are some of the more memorable moments:
- An early September debate managed to avoid any mention of manufacturing jobs.
- Jon Huntsman spoke to his knowledge of China’s currency manipulation.
- September’s CNN/Tea Party debate featured Mitt Romney boasting of his private sector, job-creating credentials. Unfortunately, a CNN debate in October was memorable more for the candidates sniping at each other than for their plans on the economy.
- In November, CNBC’s Your Money Your Vote debate had a lot of good focus on manufacturing jobs.
- The final debate before the Caucuses had both Santorum and Romney pushing for manufacturing jobs, as well as Jon Huntsman dodging the issue of China’s trade practices.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013