Job Search Greatest Hits: GOP Debate Wrap-Up
This December, we’re bringing you the greatest hits from Job Search, AAM’s Presidential Candidate tracking website.
There have been several GOP debates as we approach the Iowa Caucuses. Job Search has tracked them, and kept the candidates honest on manufacturing jobs. Here are some of the more memorable moments:
- An early September debate managed to avoid any mention of manufacturing jobs.
- Jon Huntsman spoke to his knowledge of China’s currency manipulation.
- September’s CNN/Tea Party debate featured Mitt Romney boasting of his private sector, job-creating credentials. Unfortunately, a CNN debate in October was memorable more for the candidates sniping at each other than for their plans on the economy.
- In November, CNBC’s Your Money Your Vote debate had a lot of good focus on manufacturing jobs.
- The final debate before the Caucuses had both Santorum and Romney pushing for manufacturing jobs, as well as Jon Huntsman dodging the issue of China’s trade practices.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013