Job Search Greatest Hits: GOP Debate Wrap-Up
This December, we’re bringing you the greatest hits from Job Search, AAM’s Presidential Candidate tracking website.
There have been several GOP debates as we approach the Iowa Caucuses. Job Search has tracked them, and kept the candidates honest on manufacturing jobs. Here are some of the more memorable moments:
- An early September debate managed to avoid any mention of manufacturing jobs.
- Jon Huntsman spoke to his knowledge of China’s currency manipulation.
- September’s CNN/Tea Party debate featured Mitt Romney boasting of his private sector, job-creating credentials. Unfortunately, a CNN debate in October was memorable more for the candidates sniping at each other than for their plans on the economy.
- In November, CNBC’s Your Money Your Vote debate had a lot of good focus on manufacturing jobs.
- The final debate before the Caucuses had both Santorum and Romney pushing for manufacturing jobs, as well as Jon Huntsman dodging the issue of China’s trade practices.
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013