January 6, 2012 Headlines: 200K Jobs Added, Household Income Up, and More
The economy added 200,000 jobs in December, as unemployment fell to 8.5%. The really good news is that manufacturing jobs increased by 23,000. Coverage from the BLS, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Bloomberg, and the AP .
NYT: More on the strength of manufacturing jobs.
WSJ: Household income rose in 2011.
The Hill: In addition to jobs gains, employers are posting fewer job cuts as well.
WSJ: Beijing will make pollution information public at last.
IBT: Most job cuts in 2011 were public-sector jobs.
AP: China will probably defy international sanctions on Iran, in order to keep fueling their economy.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013