January 5, 2011 Headlines: Detroit Carmakers Gain Market Share, Jobless Rates Fall, and More
DFP: The Big Three all gained market share in 2011, the first time this has happened since 1988.
NYT: Economic upward mobility has never been at a weaker point in our history.
WSJ: Jobless rates appeared to fall across most cities.
WSJ: December factory activity was at the highest point since June.
Yglesias: ADP shows strong jobs gains in December.
WSJ: Take the ADP numbers with a grain of salt.
Krugman: More analysis of Obama’s and Romney’s records on job creation.
WSJ: Nokia will move their Asian headquarters from Singapore to China.
The Hill: Obama will unveil a summer jobs plan today, hoping to create 180,000 private sector job opportunities.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013