January 3, 2012 Headlines: Chinese Trade Complaints, Romney Celebrates Outsourcers, 2011 Review, and More
NYT: Factory jobs are coming back, but wages are still lower.
Bloomberg: Whirlpool has filed a dumping complaint against LG and Samsung.
NYT: American wind turbine manufacturers file a complaint against China’s steel subsidies.
WSJ: Could the recovery be sustaining itself?
TPM: As the Iowa campaign season ends tonight, Mitt Romney makes his final pitch to voters at a company that celebrates outsourcing.
TPM: Romney supporters don’t think his China rhetoric matches his policy plans.
The Big Picture: Analysis of the China-Japan currency pact.
WSJ: The top 5 economic charts of 2012.
WSJ: Review of 2011: The economy created jobs, but not nearly fast enough.
WSJ: 2012 will hopefully see an increase in job creation.
NPR: The United States still leads the world in R&D, but that position is being threatened.
WSJ: Economic trends to watch in 2012.
Yglesias: China is looking to take on the American entertainment industry.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013