January 27, 2011 Headlines: Krugman on Jobs (Steve), Strong GDP Growth, China at Davos, and More
NYT: Subsidies for wind and solar are falling, and providing an opening to foreign suppliers.
Bloomberg: Predictions of a Chinese solar energy boom.
PW: GDP growth in Q4 of 2011 was the fastest rate in 18 months.
The Hill: Seasonal layoffs inflate coming unemployment numbers.
TIME: Should we care about the standards at FoxConn? Did we care about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire?
WSJ: Big topic at Davos: China’s foreign reserves.
The Daily Show: Jon Stewart’s take on China’s slave labor factories that make our electronics. It’s really funny, until you realize that it’s 100% true.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013