January 27, 2011 Headlines: Krugman on Jobs (Steve), Strong GDP Growth, China at Davos, and More
NYT: Subsidies for wind and solar are falling, and providing an opening to foreign suppliers.
Bloomberg: Predictions of a Chinese solar energy boom.
PW: GDP growth in Q4 of 2011 was the fastest rate in 18 months.
The Hill: Seasonal layoffs inflate coming unemployment numbers.
TIME: Should we care about the standards at FoxConn? Did we care about the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire?
WSJ: Big topic at Davos: China’s foreign reserves.
The Daily Show: Jon Stewart’s take on China’s slave labor factories that make our electronics. It’s really funny, until you realize that it’s 100% true.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013