January 25, 2011 Headlines
President Obama’s State of the Union address is tonight. The economy will dominate the speech. Obama is likely to press for increased infrastructure investment. A Harvard business professor offers Obama advice on an innovation agenda. Does the White House know how to create a job? A reminder of what public investment has meant to America.
China’s “problems” are a big topic in Davos. (So are the skiing conditions, one can imagine.)
Clyde Prestowitz wonders how “American” Jeff Immelt is.
China may have acquired stealth technology from a U.S. stealth fighter shot down over the Balkans a decade ago.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013