January 25, 2011 Headlines
President Obama’s State of the Union address is tonight. The economy will dominate the speech. Obama is likely to press for increased infrastructure investment. A Harvard business professor offers Obama advice on an innovation agenda. Does the White House know how to create a job? A reminder of what public investment has meant to America.
China’s “problems” are a big topic in Davos. (So are the skiing conditions, one can imagine.)
Clyde Prestowitz wonders how “American” Jeff Immelt is.
China may have acquired stealth technology from a U.S. stealth fighter shot down over the Balkans a decade ago.
Related recent Blogs
- Maine State Senate Passes Buy American Legislation • by scapozzola • 06/19/2013
- Generally favorable manufacturing survey for New York state • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- President Obama talks about China on Charlie Rose. • by scapozzola • 06/18/2013
- Checking-in from manufacturing conferences in Wisconsin • by LDonia • 06/17/2013
- Make the right choice for your pet -- buy American-made • by TGarland • 06/17/2013
- A Discussion on the Obama-Xi Summit • by TGarland • 06/13/2013
- Chart of the Day: A tough three months for America's manufacturing sector • by LDonia • 06/13/2013
- Manufacturing employment will level off, says report • by mmcmullan • 06/12/2013
- The Relationship Between the U.S. and China • by TGarland • 06/12/2013
- Could U.S. tech manufacturing see a mini-rebound? • by LDonia • 06/11/2013