January 24, 2011 Headlines
Looking ahead to tomorrow’s State of the Union Address…
President Obama says we can “out-compete” any nation.
Paul Krugman says the President is skirting many of the real issues that are harming job creation in the U.S.
Mark Thoma calls the focus on jobs “a year too late.”
Jim Tankersley looks at how we got into such a deep hole on jobs.
Reaction to Jeff Immelt announcement as head of the Jobs and Competitiveness Council:
Bill Waddell of Evolving Excellence explores Immelt’s record at General Electric.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing told ABC News that Obama “could have done a lot better.”
Reviews of Hu Jintao’s state visit are in:
Donald Trump was not impressed.
Chris Cillizza of the Washington Post says Hu had “the worst week in Washington.”
Steve Lohr of the New York Times compares the economic challenges posed by Japan in the ‘80s compared to China today.
David Sanger of the New York Times says sometimes superpowers can accommodate each other.
Robert Samuelson argues in the Washington Post that the U.S. may need to sanction China.
Related recent Blogs
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013
- May 14, 2013 Headlines: Redefining success, building Amtrak, banning Tesla, and more... • by LDonia • 05/14/2013
- May 13, 2013 Headlines: New wave of cyber-attacks, global trade, and more. • by LRaup • 05/13/2013
- May 10 2013 Headlines: Obama's focus on manufacturing, U.S.-South Korea summit, and more. • by LRaup • 05/10/2013