January 19, 2011 Headlines: Boeing Leaving Wichita, Obama's Vulnerability, Romney's Taxes, and More
NYT: A once-great American city is now being sold for scrap.
NYT: After 8 decades in Wichita, Boeing is shuttering another plant.
AP: Weekly first-time unemployment claims are now at the lowest level in 4 years.
USAT: Factory output in December rose at the highest level in 2011.
NYT: President Obama is increasingly vulnerable with swing voters, thanks in no small part to the weak economy.
WSJ: Analysis of Mitt Romney’s tax rate.
WaPo: Yet another Chinese civil rights activist has been sentenced to prison.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013