January 18, 2012 Headlines: High-Tech Jobs Leave, Plurality See Recovery, Global Slowdown, and More
WaPo: According to the National Science Foundation, nearly 25% of our high-tech manufacturing jobs have been lost to Asia over the past decade.
DDN: How these lost jobs affect communities around the country.
WSJ: China is looking to expand their collection of deep-sea arctic minerals.
ABC: A new poll shows that 45% of Americans see an economic recovery underway.
NYT: Jobs lost in the Great Recession have not come back to cities.
WSJ: Chinese investors are turning to gold.
AP: Germany’s forecast growth is now at an anemic 0.7%.
WSJ: Manufacturing in the New York area is showing positive signs.
WSJ: Could China’s Q4 GDP be even less than reported?
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014