January 18, 2012 Headlines: High-Tech Jobs Leave, Plurality See Recovery, Global Slowdown, and More
WaPo: According to the National Science Foundation, nearly 25% of our high-tech manufacturing jobs have been lost to Asia over the past decade.
DDN: How these lost jobs affect communities around the country.
WSJ: China is looking to expand their collection of deep-sea arctic minerals.
ABC: A new poll shows that 45% of Americans see an economic recovery underway.
NYT: Jobs lost in the Great Recession have not come back to cities.
WSJ: Chinese investors are turning to gold.
AP: Germany’s forecast growth is now at an anemic 0.7%.
WSJ: Manufacturing in the New York area is showing positive signs.
WSJ: Could China’s Q4 GDP be even less than reported?
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- May 15, 2013 Headlines: U.S. manufacturing slows, while manufacturers discuss domestic production, and more... • by LDonia • 05/15/2013