January 18, 2012 Headlines: High-Tech Jobs Leave, Plurality See Recovery, Global Slowdown, and More
WaPo: According to the National Science Foundation, nearly 25% of our high-tech manufacturing jobs have been lost to Asia over the past decade.
DDN: How these lost jobs affect communities around the country.
WSJ: China is looking to expand their collection of deep-sea arctic minerals.
ABC: A new poll shows that 45% of Americans see an economic recovery underway.
NYT: Jobs lost in the Great Recession have not come back to cities.
WSJ: Chinese investors are turning to gold.
AP: Germany’s forecast growth is now at an anemic 0.7%.
WSJ: Manufacturing in the New York area is showing positive signs.
WSJ: Could China’s Q4 GDP be even less than reported?
Related recent Blogs
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014