January 18, 2012 Headlines: High-Tech Jobs Leave, Plurality See Recovery, Global Slowdown, and More
WaPo: According to the National Science Foundation, nearly 25% of our high-tech manufacturing jobs have been lost to Asia over the past decade.
DDN: How these lost jobs affect communities around the country.
WSJ: China is looking to expand their collection of deep-sea arctic minerals.
ABC: A new poll shows that 45% of Americans see an economic recovery underway.
NYT: Jobs lost in the Great Recession have not come back to cities.
WSJ: Chinese investors are turning to gold.
AP: Germany’s forecast growth is now at an anemic 0.7%.
WSJ: Manufacturing in the New York area is showing positive signs.
WSJ: Could China’s Q4 GDP be even less than reported?
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014
- Cleveland Rocks — And So Does This Clothing Manufacturer • by elizabethbb • 07/11/2014