January 17, 2012 Headlines: China's GDP Falls, GOP Debate, Wukan, and More
NYT: China’s Q4 GDP growth drops below 9%.
WSJ: Analysis of China’s slowing GDP.
NYT: Coverage of last night’s GOP debate. (Number 16, for those keeping track)
WSJ: What the number of first-time unemployment claims can tell us about the economy.
The Hill: Trade advocates caution the White House not to cut agencies too steeply.
WSJ: The leader of the Wukan protests now has a job with the Communist Party of China.
Yglesias: Potential increases in sales will drive hiring decisions in 2012.
AP: American foreign aid is expanding in East Asia, to counter China’s growing influence.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013