January 12, 2011 Headlines
The U.S. is getting more aggressive at export financing to challenge China in third markets.
Most analysts expect the Yuan to appreciate somewhat ahead of the Hu-Obama summit next week (providing further proof that China manipulates its currency). China “nudges” the U.S. on the safety of its dollar-dominated assets ahead of the summit.
David Leonhardt says in the New York Times that China’s economic policies make U.S. Buy American policies look “minor league.”
Evergreen Solar closes a Massachusetts plant, citing Chinese support for its solar manufacturing. 800 workers will lose their jobs.
China is allowing offshore trading of the Yuan, a step in making the currency globally traded.
Chinese inflation is eroding its purchasing power.
The German economy is expanding at the highest rate for two decades, driven by exports.
Related recent Blogs
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013