January 11, 2013 Headlines: U.S. trade deficit increases while manufacturers lose ground at home, the future of Detroit & more..
Washington Post: Once a manufacturing behemoth, Detroit may soon cease to have control of its future.
San Antonio Express News: Chemical manufacturers prepare to face off with natural gas industry.
ABC News: Apple CEO predicts China will overtake the United States as the tech company's biggest market.
Wall St. Journal: Record-high consumer-level imports lead to unexpected widening of trade deficit.
Bloomberg: Despite talk of revival, data shows American manufacturers losing ground at home.
Los Angeles Times: Manufacturing group predicts some sector growth in the near future.
Washington Post: China sees inflation rise to six-month high.
Related recent Blogs
- Will This Be the Week for the Highway Trust Fund? • by elizabethbb • 07/28/2014
- July 25, 2014: What We're Watching • by mmcmullan • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014