January 11, 2013 Headlines: U.S. trade deficit increases while manufacturers lose ground at home, the future of Detroit & more..
Washington Post: Once a manufacturing behemoth, Detroit may soon cease to have control of its future.
San Antonio Express News: Chemical manufacturers prepare to face off with natural gas industry.
ABC News: Apple CEO predicts China will overtake the United States as the tech company's biggest market.
Wall St. Journal: Record-high consumer-level imports lead to unexpected widening of trade deficit.
Bloomberg: Despite talk of revival, data shows American manufacturers losing ground at home.
Los Angeles Times: Manufacturing group predicts some sector growth in the near future.
Washington Post: China sees inflation rise to six-month high.
Related recent Blogs
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- July 14, 2014: Commerce gets its OCTG ruling RIGHT! • by mmcmullan • 07/14/2014
- AAM Statement: Commerce Department Decision on South Korean OCTG Dumping. • by scapozzola • 07/11/2014