January 11, 2013 Headlines: U.S. trade deficit increases while manufacturers lose ground at home, the future of Detroit & more..
Washington Post: Once a manufacturing behemoth, Detroit may soon cease to have control of its future.
San Antonio Express News: Chemical manufacturers prepare to face off with natural gas industry.
ABC News: Apple CEO predicts China will overtake the United States as the tech company's biggest market.
Wall St. Journal: Record-high consumer-level imports lead to unexpected widening of trade deficit.
Bloomberg: Despite talk of revival, data shows American manufacturers losing ground at home.
Los Angeles Times: Manufacturing group predicts some sector growth in the near future.
Washington Post: China sees inflation rise to six-month high.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014