January 11, 2011 Headlines: Romney and Bain Capital, Jobs Lost in SC, China Currency, and More
NYT: Mitt Romney’s advisors look to change the conversation on Bain.
The Hill: Although hiring rose in November and December, job openings fell.
NPR: Checking on the state of American manufacturing in South Carolina.
WSJ: Small business optimism (yes, that's a real statistic) is up in December.
Yglesias: China’s currency is rebalancing? And there’s nothing to be done?
The Atlantic: How a family-owned clothing manufacturer is hanging on in Brooklyn.
WSJ: The German economy contracted in the 4th Quarter of 2011.
WaPo: Are austerity plans helping or hurting the Greek economy.
Related recent Blogs
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013