It's National Kazoo Day -- make sure your Kazoo is Made in the USA
Here we are at the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), getting bogged down in the run-up to the State of the Union while missing the forest for the trees.
Today is National Kazoo Day!
If you don’t see how those things tie together, allow us to elucidate.
Those who have been following our State of the Union previews know we’re focusing, with fine-tuned precision, on what President Obama will say and do to create more manufacturing jobs. We have ideas on how he can do it, and we hope he’ll follow through.
But let’s take a step back and celebrate those companies that have kept their manufacturing in the United States, even when outsourcing was all the rage.
One such company is … the Original American Kazoo Company of Eden, New York.
So while you celebrate National Kazoo Day (and I’m sure you will) make sure your kazoo is Made in America. And if you’re in upstate New York, stop by the Original American Kazoo Company and check out its museum and factory tour. Send us pictures!
Image by Flickr user basykes. Used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Creating Jobs Now: USW and AAM take the next step in Akron • by TGarland • 04/04/2014