Interesting facts about buying American-made products
In his new book, 'Buying America Back,' Alan Uke makes a persuasive case for the benefits of Americans buying made-in-USA products.
Some facts he points out:
-Just one manufacturing job supports five other U.S. jobs.
-Shifting consumer spending by just $5 a day could return unemployment back to normal levels.
-$10 a day spent on U.S. made products would cause wages to rise.
-Any amount consumers spend on U.S.-made goods, or goods from countries with balanced trade, brings and holds money into the U.S. economy. It also makes the United States more politically, financially, and militarily secure.
Related recent Blogs
- Nanette Lepore's New Shoe • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- May 24, 2013 Headlines: U.S.-EU trade deal exemptions, investing in U.S. manufacturing, and more. • by LRaup • 05/24/2013
- Washington State Bridge Collapse Illustrates Perils of Failing Infrastructure. • by scapozzola • 05/24/2013
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- May 23, 2013 Headlines: Gains in the job market, small businesses manufacturing in the U.S.A., and more. • by LRaup • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013