Interesting facts about buying American-made products
In his new book, 'Buying America Back,' Alan Uke makes a persuasive case for the benefits of Americans buying made-in-USA products.
Some facts he points out:
-Just one manufacturing job supports five other U.S. jobs.
-Shifting consumer spending by just $5 a day could return unemployment back to normal levels.
-$10 a day spent on U.S. made products would cause wages to rise.
-Any amount consumers spend on U.S.-made goods, or goods from countries with balanced trade, brings and holds money into the U.S. economy. It also makes the United States more politically, financially, and militarily secure.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013