Indiana's TekVenture Hopes to Boost Skills for Manufacturing Workforce
We recently reported on Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) coordinators Michael Mitchell and Rachel Bennett Steury traveling to Indianapolis for a panel discussion led by Congressman Joe Donnelly (D-IN), 'Playing to Win: Indiana’s Future as America’s Manufacturing Leader.'
One of the points of the conference was the need to keep America's workforce skilled and up-to-date on the needs of 21st Century U.S. manufacturing.
Along those lines, Michael Mitchell highlighted the work of TekVenture.org, a Ft. Wayne, Indiana-based organization that provides "laboratories and workshops in which the public can engage tools, materials, subjects and mentors for modeling on the common creative ground where art and technology meet."
Related recent Blogs
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013