Indiana manufacturer helps you 'hurt the one you love' ... in good fun, of course
Fort Wayne-based Tippmann Sports is the leading manufacturer of paintball markers and accessories in the world. Entering into the paintball business in 1986 was a smart move for the company, as the emerging fad quickly transformed into a competitive, world-renowned sport. According to the Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association, more than 16 million people play paintball in over 140 countries, spending an average of $50 for one day of play.
Tippman started with 8 employees at its Fort Way facility, and grew to 100, now manufacturing 150,000 paintball markers there every year. It was the first company to manufacture semi-automatic and fully-automatic paintball markers and now offers a full product line including accessories, product upgrade capabilities and technical support. In addition to the 98 Custom, Crossover, A5, X7 Phenom and the TPX, the company also manufactures a dedicated line of products for the U.S. Army in its training programs.
Written by Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Rachel Bennett Steury.
Related recent Blogs
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Travel like an American-made boss with this Made-in-Montana luggage • by TGarland • 03/26/2014
- It's National Kazoo Day -- make sure your Kazoo is Made in the USA • by LDonia • 01/28/2014
- Warm your home or office the American-made way • by LDonia • 01/22/2014
- Seriously: Make sure your pet wears American-made • by LDonia • 01/14/2014
- Indiana manufacturer helps you 'hurt the one you love' ... in good fun, of course • by LDonia • 01/06/2014
- In 2013, the federal government shutdown prompted #MyJobsReport • by LDonia • 12/27/2013
- #ShopAmerica: From handbags and dress shoes to tires and paintball -- an assortment of #MadeinUSA gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/17/2013
- ITC ruling on hot-rolled steel products coming today • by mmcmullan • 12/17/2013