This Independence Day Make Sure Your Holiday is Made In America!
The time of year is near to celebrate the American red, white, and blue. And whether you're cooking out on the grill, participating in a parade, or simply counting your blessings, nothing celebrates American independence LESS than stocking up on a bunch of Independence Day supplies that were made overseas.
So, this Independence Day, Make Your Party a "Made in America" Party!
For example: Did you know French’s mustard isn’t really French? It’s owned by a British company. And even though Grey Poupon sounds like it might be foreign, it’s actually an American brand. Here’s the low-down on mustard:
Brand Name Nationality
-Grey Poupon American
It just goes to show you can’t go by the brand name familiarity or sometimes even the label. Spread the word to your family and friends by making your Independence Day festivities Made In America. Click here for more information.
Why Buy American?
When you buy American made products, you put money in the pockets of your fellow AMERICANS. According to Moody’s economists “If every American spent an extra $3.33 on U.S. made goods every year, it would create nearly 10,000 new jobs.”
Photo by Architect of the Capitol from USCapitol's flickr page and used with U.S.Government Work license.
Related recent Blogs
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013