IMHO: Smoothies mixed using American-made blenders taste better
I'm just going to say it: There's never a bad time for a smoothie, but right now DC is in the final throes of summer and the mercury is rising ... again. It's a particularly great time for a smoothie. (And judging by Weather.com's most recent temperature map, we're not the only ones experiencing late summer heat.)
A lot goes into making a great smoothie: delicious fruit, perhaps a favorite sweetener (I recommend honey), and of course a blender.
If you're an avid reader of ManufactureThis -- or if you know a lot about the work of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) -- I'm sure you know where this is going. But for the uninitiated, I'll spell it out: American-made blenders!
Not only do American-made blenders mean jobs in America's manufacturing sector, they also make smoothies taste better.
Once you have the blender, though, Blendtec has a very large series of YouTube videos to guide you through all kinds of recipes. And as a testament to the structural integrity of their product, Blendtec also has a video series called "Will it Blend?" in which they blend various objects, including but not limited to: Justin Bieber memorabilia, iPads and Pods, and pool cues.
Interested in an American-made blender? Learn more about Blendtec.
Image of a key to your smoothie dreams from Blendtec's website.
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014