IMHO: Smoothies mixed using American-made blenders taste better
I'm just going to say it: There's never a bad time for a smoothie, but right now DC is in the final throes of summer and the mercury is rising ... again. It's a particularly great time for a smoothie. (And judging by Weather.com's most recent temperature map, we're not the only ones experiencing late summer heat.)
A lot goes into making a great smoothie: delicious fruit, perhaps a favorite sweetener (I recommend honey), and of course a blender.
If you're an avid reader of ManufactureThis -- or if you know a lot about the work of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) -- I'm sure you know where this is going. But for the uninitiated, I'll spell it out: American-made blenders!
Not only do American-made blenders mean jobs in America's manufacturing sector, they also make smoothies taste better.
Once you have the blender, though, Blendtec has a very large series of YouTube videos to guide you through all kinds of recipes. And as a testament to the structural integrity of their product, Blendtec also has a video series called "Will it Blend?" in which they blend various objects, including but not limited to: Justin Bieber memorabilia, iPads and Pods, and pool cues.
Interested in an American-made blender? Learn more about Blendtec.
Image of a key to your smoothie dreams from Blendtec's website.
Related recent Blogs
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- Postcard from Iowa: AAM Field Coordinators Hop The Fence, Hang With Democrats • by mmcmullan • 07/16/2014
- Yellen: Infrastructure Funding Would "Counter" Economic Headwinds • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014
- Let’s Build a Bridge and Fix the Highway Trust Fund • by elizabethbb • 07/15/2014