IMHO: Smoothies mixed using American-made blenders taste better
I'm just going to say it: There's never a bad time for a smoothie, but right now DC is in the final throes of summer and the mercury is rising ... again. It's a particularly great time for a smoothie. (And judging by Weather.com's most recent temperature map, we're not the only ones experiencing late summer heat.)
A lot goes into making a great smoothie: delicious fruit, perhaps a favorite sweetener (I recommend honey), and of course a blender.
If you're an avid reader of ManufactureThis -- or if you know a lot about the work of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) -- I'm sure you know where this is going. But for the uninitiated, I'll spell it out: American-made blenders!
Not only do American-made blenders mean jobs in America's manufacturing sector, they also make smoothies taste better.
Once you have the blender, though, Blendtec has a very large series of YouTube videos to guide you through all kinds of recipes. And as a testament to the structural integrity of their product, Blendtec also has a video series called "Will it Blend?" in which they blend various objects, including but not limited to: Justin Bieber memorabilia, iPads and Pods, and pool cues.
Interested in an American-made blender? Learn more about Blendtec.
Image of a key to your smoothie dreams from Blendtec's website.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013