IMHO: Smoothies mixed using American-made blenders taste better
I'm just going to say it: There's never a bad time for a smoothie, but right now DC is in the final throes of summer and the mercury is rising ... again. It's a particularly great time for a smoothie. (And judging by Weather.com's most recent temperature map, we're not the only ones experiencing late summer heat.)
A lot goes into making a great smoothie: delicious fruit, perhaps a favorite sweetener (I recommend honey), and of course a blender.
If you're an avid reader of ManufactureThis -- or if you know a lot about the work of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) -- I'm sure you know where this is going. But for the uninitiated, I'll spell it out: American-made blenders!
Not only do American-made blenders mean jobs in America's manufacturing sector, they also make smoothies taste better.
Once you have the blender, though, Blendtec has a very large series of YouTube videos to guide you through all kinds of recipes. And as a testament to the structural integrity of their product, Blendtec also has a video series called "Will it Blend?" in which they blend various objects, including but not limited to: Justin Bieber memorabilia, iPads and Pods, and pool cues.
Interested in an American-made blender? Learn more about Blendtec.
Image of a key to your smoothie dreams from Blendtec's website.
Related recent Blogs
- A look at apparel manufacturing on the anniversary of the Bangladeshi factory disaster • by mmcmullan • 04/24/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- Made in Elma, New York: A special delivery from Mark Andol • by TGarland • 04/09/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014