ICYMI: Interactive map shows jobs lost to China by state and congressional district
Here on ManufactureThis, we talk about currency manipulation quite a bit. We've made the case, seemingly countless times, that currency manipulation hurts the United States. Not only is the American economy affected, but sometimes even the health and well-being of average Americans are affected as well.
In case you missed it, we have a tool available on the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) website that allows you to see exactly what kind of economic effect America's trade deficit with China has had on your area. You can view the job loss numbers for your state, or even your congressional district.
Concerned about what you see? Ask your congress person to support and/or sponsor H.R. 1276, a bill that would punish China for its currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- China trade deficit on pace for new record, but will anyone notice? Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/04/2013
- What to do with abandoned factories? Bring in the artists! • by LDonia • 12/03/2013
- Surprise, surprise? Americans still say job creation should be top priority • by mmcmullan • 12/03/2013
- Fmr. Transportaion Secretary Ray LaHood urges infrastructure investment • by TGarland • 12/02/2013