ICYMI: Interactive map shows jobs lost to China by state and congressional district
Here on ManufactureThis, we talk about currency manipulation quite a bit. We've made the case, seemingly countless times, that currency manipulation hurts the United States. Not only is the American economy affected, but sometimes even the health and well-being of average Americans are affected as well.
In case you missed it, we have a tool available on the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) website that allows you to see exactly what kind of economic effect America's trade deficit with China has had on your area. You can view the job loss numbers for your state, or even your congressional district.
Concerned about what you see? Ask your congress person to support and/or sponsor H.R. 1276, a bill that would punish China for its currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014
- RADIO: Why is manufacturing important for job creation in Michigan (and the U.S.)? • by scapozzola • 04/07/2014
- Creating Jobs Now: USW and AAM take the next step in Akron • by TGarland • 04/04/2014