ICYMI: Interactive map shows jobs lost to China by state and congressional district
Here on ManufactureThis, we talk about currency manipulation quite a bit. We've made the case, seemingly countless times, that currency manipulation hurts the United States. Not only is the American economy affected, but sometimes even the health and well-being of average Americans are affected as well.
In case you missed it, we have a tool available on the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) website that allows you to see exactly what kind of economic effect America's trade deficit with China has had on your area. You can view the job loss numbers for your state, or even your congressional district.
Concerned about what you see? Ask your congress person to support and/or sponsor H.R. 1276, a bill that would punish China for its currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- What's funding the military buildup in China? • by TGarland • 04/23/2014
- Quote Of The Day: "It's time the administration stiffened its spine" on trade issues • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 22, 2014: Currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/22/2014
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014