ICYMI: Interactive map shows jobs lost to China by state and congressional district
Here on ManufactureThis, we talk about currency manipulation quite a bit. We've made the case, seemingly countless times, that currency manipulation hurts the United States. Not only is the American economy affected, but sometimes even the health and well-being of average Americans are affected as well.
In case you missed it, we have a tool available on the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) website that allows you to see exactly what kind of economic effect America's trade deficit with China has had on your area. You can view the job loss numbers for your state, or even your congressional district.
Concerned about what you see? Ask your congress person to support and/or sponsor H.R. 1276, a bill that would punish China for its currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014