ICYMI: Interactive map shows jobs lost to China by state and congressional district
Here on ManufactureThis, we talk about currency manipulation quite a bit. We've made the case, seemingly countless times, that currency manipulation hurts the United States. Not only is the American economy affected, but sometimes even the health and well-being of average Americans are affected as well.
In case you missed it, we have a tool available on the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) website that allows you to see exactly what kind of economic effect America's trade deficit with China has had on your area. You can view the job loss numbers for your state, or even your congressional district.
Concerned about what you see? Ask your congress person to support and/or sponsor H.R. 1276, a bill that would punish China for its currency manipulation.
Related recent Blogs
- Manufacturing sector adds 28,000 jobs in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 08/01/2014
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014