ICYMI: Defense's policy shift a 'win' for U.S. manufacturing
In case you missed it, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced last month that it would comply with the Berry Amendment and ensure that all service members purchase American-made shoes with their footwear allowance.
Today, Rep. Michael Michaud (ME) writes in Roll Call about how important this policy is to American companies and workers:
Creating more manufacturing jobs in this country invigorates our communities and our economies, and it sends a powerful message about the strength of the American worker…. DoD’s commitment to American manufacturing is a powerful endorsement of that American spirit.
Related recent Blogs
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014
- Yes, Manufacturing Jobs Are Coming Back. But Will Progress Happen Fast Enough? • by elizabethbb • 08/18/2014
- Improving Our Railways: A Key Part of Rebuilding America • by elizabethbb • 08/14/2014
- Five Tests Walmart Must Pass to Show its 'Made In America' Street Cred • by spaul • 08/13/2014
- More Evidence the "Jobs Recovery" Isn’t All It’s Cracked Up to Be • by elizabethbb • 08/12/2014
- More Work to Do, Indeed • by elizabethbb • 08/11/2014
- WTO Upholds Ruling Finding China Guilty in Rare Earths Export Restraints Case: Alliance for American Manufacturing statement. • by scapozzola • 08/07/2014