ICYMI: Defense's policy shift a 'win' for U.S. manufacturing
In case you missed it, the Department of Defense (DoD) announced last month that it would comply with the Berry Amendment and ensure that all service members purchase American-made shoes with their footwear allowance.
Today, Rep. Michael Michaud (ME) writes in Roll Call about how important this policy is to American companies and workers:
Creating more manufacturing jobs in this country invigorates our communities and our economies, and it sends a powerful message about the strength of the American worker…. DoD’s commitment to American manufacturing is a powerful endorsement of that American spirit.
Related recent Blogs
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- President Obama proposes public-private infrastructure initiative: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 07/17/2014
- We’re Live From Netroots Nation! • by elizabethbb • 07/17/2014
- So Much For Promises: China's Manipulating Its Currency, Again • by mmcmullan • 07/17/2014
- The OCTG Trade Case Heads to the International Trade Commission • by TGarland • 07/16/2014