Hybrid Solar Technology: Where is the Innovation?
General Electric will be building “The Prius of Power Plants,” utilizing a hybrid of wind, solar, and natural gas technologies. This blend of technologies will allow the plant to operate at a high capacity, regardless of whether the wind is blowing or the sun is shining. It’s a great use of innovation and manufacturing to build a clean economy, and will certainly lead to high-quality, good-paying jobs in a variety of sectors and the plant is build and manned.
Where is this plant being built? Turkey.
The good news is that the plant will use Solar Panels that are developed in California by eSolar.
Related recent Blogs
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013