H.R. 1276 adds four new cosponsors
Fall is just around the corner and Washington, D.C. is cooling down. But currency manipulation legislation is just heating up.
Congress began its most recent push to address currency manipulation at the beginning of the summer. 230 members signed a letter to President Obama urging him to address to use the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade negotiations to address the issue. And just last week, administration officials sat down with the House Ways and Means Committee to talk about including a rule to punish currency manipulation in the TPP.
But with all the currency news surrounding the TPP, don't forget the Currency Reform Fair Trade Act (H.R. 1276) would add the currency manipulation to the list of actionable offenses around which American businesses can bring trade relief cases to the International Trade Commission.
H.R. 1276 is still gaining cosponsors in the House. And yesterday the bill added four: Rep. Joe Kennedy (MA-4), Rep. Mike McIntyre (NC-7), Rep. Frank Wolf (VA-10), and Rep. Steve Israel (NY-3). Good move, representatives! You’re looking out for American workers and companies in your districts.
Has your representative signed on to support American manufacturers and workers by opposing currency manipulation? Let them know what you think by sending a letter. Click right here.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013