H.R. 1276 adds four new cosponsors
Fall is just around the corner and Washington, D.C. is cooling down. But currency manipulation legislation is just heating up.
Congress began its most recent push to address currency manipulation at the beginning of the summer. 230 members signed a letter to President Obama urging him to address to use the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade negotiations to address the issue. And just last week, administration officials sat down with the House Ways and Means Committee to talk about including a rule to punish currency manipulation in the TPP.
But with all the currency news surrounding the TPP, don't forget the Currency Reform Fair Trade Act (H.R. 1276) would add the currency manipulation to the list of actionable offenses around which American businesses can bring trade relief cases to the International Trade Commission.
H.R. 1276 is still gaining cosponsors in the House. And yesterday the bill added four: Rep. Joe Kennedy (MA-4), Rep. Mike McIntyre (NC-7), Rep. Frank Wolf (VA-10), and Rep. Steve Israel (NY-3). Good move, representatives! You’re looking out for American workers and companies in your districts.
Has your representative signed on to support American manufacturers and workers by opposing currency manipulation? Let them know what you think by sending a letter. Click right here.
Related recent Blogs
- April 18, 2014: Another miss from Treasury on currency manipulation • by mmcmullan • 04/18/2014
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014
- Throwback Thursday: Obama promises 1 million new manufacturing jobs • by TGarland • 04/10/2014
- What can we expect from the upcoming Treasury report on exchange rates? • by mmcmullan • 04/08/2014
- Rep. Tonko brings filmmakers to Washington to talk American manufacturing • by TGarland • 04/08/2014