H.R. 1276 adds four new cosponsors
Fall is just around the corner and Washington, D.C. is cooling down. But currency manipulation legislation is just heating up.
Congress began its most recent push to address currency manipulation at the beginning of the summer. 230 members signed a letter to President Obama urging him to address to use the Trans Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade negotiations to address the issue. And just last week, administration officials sat down with the House Ways and Means Committee to talk about including a rule to punish currency manipulation in the TPP.
But with all the currency news surrounding the TPP, don't forget the Currency Reform Fair Trade Act (H.R. 1276) would add the currency manipulation to the list of actionable offenses around which American businesses can bring trade relief cases to the International Trade Commission.
H.R. 1276 is still gaining cosponsors in the House. And yesterday the bill added four: Rep. Joe Kennedy (MA-4), Rep. Mike McIntyre (NC-7), Rep. Frank Wolf (VA-10), and Rep. Steve Israel (NY-3). Good move, representatives! You’re looking out for American workers and companies in your districts.
Has your representative signed on to support American manufacturers and workers by opposing currency manipulation? Let them know what you think by sending a letter. Click right here.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014