Hoyer and Rockefeller on Jobs and Innovation
On Independence Day, House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) and Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) penned a column on July 4th celebrating the innovative and entrepreneurial spirits that drive American success. But this was more than just talk. They have introduced the H.R. 1716, the Job Opportunities Between Our Shores (JOBS) Act which will help Americans to find jobs that correspond to their skills.
They also recognize the connection between innovation and manufacturing: you can’t have one without the other:
When more products are made here, more families will be able to make it here in America, as well. Stronger U.S. manufacturing can help us keep pace with international competitors and keep America a place of world-leading innovation and a strong middle class.
We couldn’t agree more. Now let’s see some serious action on this, instead of just talk.
Related recent Blogs
- Clean energy manufacturing gets help from DOE • by TGarland • 12/12/2013
- John Porcari, DOT Buy America champion, is stepping down • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- December 12, 2013: Uh, an economic boom? • by mmcmullan • 12/12/2013
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013