Hoyer and Rockefeller on Jobs and Innovation
On Independence Day, House Democratic Whip Steny Hoyer (D-MD) and Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV) penned a column on July 4th celebrating the innovative and entrepreneurial spirits that drive American success. But this was more than just talk. They have introduced the H.R. 1716, the Job Opportunities Between Our Shores (JOBS) Act which will help Americans to find jobs that correspond to their skills.
They also recognize the connection between innovation and manufacturing: you can’t have one without the other:
When more products are made here, more families will be able to make it here in America, as well. Stronger U.S. manufacturing can help us keep pace with international competitors and keep America a place of world-leading innovation and a strong middle class.
We couldn’t agree more. Now let’s see some serious action on this, instead of just talk.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013