How many manufacturing jobs did the U.S. gain last month?
The U.S. jobs numbers for last month show that manufacturing employment increased by 25,000.
Scott Paul, executive director of the Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM), says the higher than expected increase follows patterns that he’s seen in the past with manufacturing jobs. He says the auto sector has done really well in the past couple years and that it is a driving force of Ohio’s many manufacturing industries.
Related recent Blogs
- How dependent on China is the U.S. military? • by scapozzola • 03/12/2014
- What good's a trade agreement if you don't enforce the on-the-books trade rules? • by mmcmullan • 03/11/2014
- A National Manufacturing Strategy could be the "be all, end all" for depressed wages • by LRaup • 03/11/2014
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014