This holiday season, shoppers search for American-made labels
According to a piece in the Los Angeles Times this weekend, “many consumers say they are more eager than ever to buy gifts made right here in America,” this holiday season.
The article’s writer Shan Li says vendors are more than happy to oblige, and are even making such items more visible.
This might be more easily said than done. Li states:
Industry experts say that 85% of the toys sold in America are made in China and more than 95% of the clothes are produced overseas. Most consumer electronics, too, are assembled beyond U.S. borders.
Li provides tips to shoppers on finding a range of American-made items, from toys to wine. Read more here.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) will also be providing tips and suggestions for holiday shoppers starting this week and continuing through most of December. Please check back here regularly if you’re interested in learning more about how to be a savvy consumer of American-made items. And, if you’ve got a tip to share with us, please email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image by Flickr user FutUndBeidl, used following Creative Commons guidelines.
Related recent Blogs
- Labor Day Travel a Reminder Why We Need Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 08/29/2014
- Terri Lynn Land’s Transportation Plan is… Interesting • by elizabethbb • 08/28/2014
- Made in China: “A Mistake That Will Be Hard to Turn Around For Decades” • by elizabethbb • 08/27/2014
- American Workers Remind Us What Labor Day Is All About • by TGarland • 08/26/2014
- Burger King Brouhaha Shows Tax Reform Debate Will Be Potent • by mmcmullan • 08/26/2014
- The Fourth Option: A National Manufacturing Strategy • by mmcmullan • 08/25/2014
- ITC Finds South Korean Dumping of OCTG Pipe: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 08/22/2014
- Trade Data Pours Cold Water on "Rising Star" Outlook for American Manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 08/21/2014
- U.S. Named Among “Rising Global Stars” in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 08/20/2014
- If America Won’t Invest in America’s Infrastructure, China Will • by elizabethbb • 08/19/2014