Help us start the debate: Is #MadeinAmerica a tech trend or a PR stunt?
If you asked us five years ago, we would have said there's no way the tech industry would be making more products in America today.
But we would have been wrong.
Within the past year, Google/Motorola, Apple, and Lenovo have all announced that they will make some products in America.
Is this a trend or simply a series of PR stunts? Lets find out.
Each March, thousands of creative, technologically minded individuals converge on Austin, TX for the South by Southwest Interactive Conference (SXSW). Over the course of five days, participants attend workshops and panels on a wide array of topics – and we want Made in the U.S.A. to be one of those.
Here’s where you come in!
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) submitted an event for consideration as part of the 2014 SXSW conference. The session, “Making it in America: Start Up and Stay” would provide technology-focused entrepreneurs with the tools necessary to start manufacturing their products here in the United States.
And we need you to vote for our session.
SXSW organizers select sessions carefully, and public voting influences their decision-making. We need other people who care about Made in America as much as we do to help us send the message: This panel is important!
Once you are signed up and have confirmed your registration through your email, visit our session page and click on the thumbs up icon on the left side of the page.
And that’s it. You’re done, your vote is counted, and we are one step closer to bringing Made in America to one of the largest technology conferences in the world.
Remember, the work AAM does wouldn't be possible without your support. So we need your vote! Thanks for your help in getting AAM to Austin for SXSW!
Related recent Blogs
- An American-made case to protect your not so American-made phone • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- Foxx Calls on Congress to Pass Long-Term Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by TGarland • 07/21/2014
- Back From Detroit, Eyes on Washington • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014
- So Excellent, So Bodacious: Check Out Some American-made Smartphone Style • by mmcmullan • 07/18/2014