Heading to college? Keep your dorm Made in the USA!
Earlier this week, we shared ideas with you on American-made school supplies for the students in your life.
Today, we have some suggestions on how to fill a dorm room with Made In The USA furnishings.
We enlisted the help of some experts -- college students. The Alliance for American Manufacturing had some wonderful summer interns this year. About a month ago we sent them to scour the shelves at three stores in DC, in the hopes of finding as many Made In America dorm goodies as possible.
The results? Mixed. They had an easy time finding a few items on their lists, and a harder time finding others.
A tip from our interns: Don't just settle for the first item you find in the first store you visit. Shop around, and read labels.
And a bonus tip from me: if you can't find it on the shelves at a local store, try the e-shelves of an online shop like American Made Dorm and Home.
How about you? Do you have any American-made dorm items you love? Any general American-made shopping tips to share? Please tweet them at us -- @KeepItMadeinUSA, or email them to email@example.com.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014