Harry Moser-- "Insourcing" Advocate and Quality Magazine's "Professional of the Year"
How does the U.S. bring jobs back from overseas-- to win back some of the jobs that have been shipped overseas for the past decade?
There is no doubt that some progress has been made. American manufacturing jobs have grown consistently over the past two years—the first time that’s happened in more than 15 years. The U.S. gained 37,000 manufacturing jobs last month, and other manufacturing indicators—sales outlook, growth in output—have also been in consistently positive territory.
Business leader Harry Moser says that this "insourcing" can and should become a legitimate phenomenon. And because of this, Quality Magazine just named him "Professional of the Year."
Quality Magazine's Michelle Bangert reports that Moser spoke at more than 100 events around the country last year, and is adamant about bringing manufacturing jobs back to the United States. He is a leading voice in a growing movement "that says we can still make things in America."
Bangert quotes Alliance for American Manufacturing Executive Director Scott Paul, who praised Moser as the “evangelist for insourcing.” Paul says Moser needs public policy support: the United States must determine how to make the country more attractive for manufacturers. Despite the increased attention given to the subject, Paul warns that there has not been a surge of jobs returning to the United States, explaining the situation this way: “It’s like looking at a checkbook but only counting the deposits.”
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013