Happy Manufacturing Day.
We wanted to take a moment to wish everyone a Happy Manufacturing Day. It's an opportunity for all of us to salute the nearly 12 million men and women nationwide who take pride in building the things that make America great.
American manufacturing has been on the rebound, but we've hit a few setbacks lately. Today's jobs report is the latest evidence that we have a long way to go.
If you live in a swing state, odds are that you've seen President Obama and Governor Romney talk about manufacturing and China. But if you tuned-in to Wednesday night's debate, and were looking for more details, you were probably as disappointed as we were. That's not good enough. Let's make sure the next debate puts manufacturing and China front and center.
The Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) has put forward a bold plan to revitalize America's industrial sector. It includes proposals that both Democrats and Republicans can support. We think it's a plan both candidates can and should embrace.
Related recent Blogs
- IMTS 2014: The View From AAM's Booth • by mmcmullan • 09/12/2014
- Sneak Peek: Titan-American Built Star Titan Gilroy Chats with Scott Paul about the Made-in-China Bay Bridge • by elizabethbb • 09/10/2014
- Public and Private Sectors Come Together to Promote Infrastructure Investment • by elizabethbb • 09/09/2014
- Berry Could Be a Big Win for American Shoemakers • by mmcmullan • 09/08/2014
- Visit AAM This Week at the International Manufacturing Technology Show • by TGarland • 09/07/2014
- Manufacturing sector gains zero jobs in August: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/05/2014
- China trade deficit hits new record in July: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) statement. • by scapozzola • 09/04/2014
- Green Bay v. Seattle: Both Cities Victors in Manufacturing • by elizabethbb • 09/04/2014
- Joe Biden Praises Apprenticeships at NH Shipyard • by mmcmullan • 09/03/2014
- We’re Celebrating Factory Man — and You Could Win a Copy! • by elizabethbb • 09/03/2014