Happy Labor Day!
The long Labor Day weekend is only a few hours away, and we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing hope you've got a good one planned with friends and family. And we hope you're able to keep it American-made.
But if, instead, you unfortunately find yourself inside and stuck at a computer, take a moment to read up on the history of the holiday.
And then, take a moment to support a measure that will create more jobs for America's workforce: Send your Congressional representative a note asking them to sign on to the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act.
And don't forget, whether this holiday finds you at a beach, barbeque, or a ballgame, don't forget what John Locke once said:
All wealth is the product of labor.
Related recent Blogs
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013