Happy Labor Day!
The long Labor Day weekend is only a few hours away, and we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing hope you've got a good one planned with friends and family. And we hope you're able to keep it American-made.
But if, instead, you unfortunately find yourself inside and stuck at a computer, take a moment to read up on the history of the holiday.
And then, take a moment to support a measure that will create more jobs for America's workforce: Send your Congressional representative a note asking them to sign on to the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act.
And don't forget, whether this holiday finds you at a beach, barbeque, or a ballgame, don't forget what John Locke once said:
All wealth is the product of labor.
Related recent Blogs
- Foxx takes to the road to push for transportation fixes • by mmcmullan • 04/17/2014
- Obama vs. Bush: Who actually made more progress in revaluing China’s yuan? • by scapozzola • 04/16/2014
- Treasury decision on China currency will cost U.S. jobs: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 04/15/2014
- Gathered in the USA • by TGarland • 04/15/2014
- OPINION: Fix the vulnerable defense industrial base • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- April 14, 2014: Opinions, opinions, and Peeps • by mmcmullan • 04/14/2014
- Fashion Friday: Accessorizing the American-made way • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- Manufacturing Jobs & #EqualPay • by LRaup • 04/11/2014
- April 11, 2014: Cherry blossoms! • by mmcmullan • 04/11/2014
- Rep. Sandy Levin talks currency and the TPP • by mmcmullan • 04/10/2014