Happy Labor Day!
The long Labor Day weekend is only a few hours away, and we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing hope you've got a good one planned with friends and family. And we hope you're able to keep it American-made.
But if, instead, you unfortunately find yourself inside and stuck at a computer, take a moment to read up on the history of the holiday.
And then, take a moment to support a measure that will create more jobs for America's workforce: Send your Congressional representative a note asking them to sign on to the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act.
And don't forget, whether this holiday finds you at a beach, barbeque, or a ballgame, don't forget what John Locke once said:
All wealth is the product of labor.
Related recent Blogs
- A Boy Scout badge in advanced manufacturing? • by TGarland • 03/10/2014
- March 10, 2014: Making moves for manufacturing • by mmcmullan • 03/10/2014
- Donald Trump addresses CPAC crowds on key AAM issues • by LRaup • 03/07/2014
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- The U.S. needs a stronger domestic supply chain in the event of an attack • by TGarland • 03/04/2014