Happy Labor Day!
The long Labor Day weekend is only a few hours away, and we at the Alliance for American Manufacturing hope you've got a good one planned with friends and family. And we hope you're able to keep it American-made.
But if, instead, you unfortunately find yourself inside and stuck at a computer, take a moment to read up on the history of the holiday.
And then, take a moment to support a measure that will create more jobs for America's workforce: Send your Congressional representative a note asking them to sign on to the Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act.
And don't forget, whether this holiday finds you at a beach, barbeque, or a ballgame, don't forget what John Locke once said:
All wealth is the product of labor.
Related recent Blogs
- New "Gigafactory" set to create thousands of jobs in the U.S. • by TGarland • 07/31/2014
- Congress Still Hasn't Made a Fix to the Highway Trust Fund • by mmcmullan • 07/30/2014
- UCLA Flood: A Real Life of Example of What Happens When We Ignore Our Infrastructure • by elizabethbb • 07/30/2014
- Candidate Watch: We Need a Few More Details, Terri Lynn Land • by elizabethbb • 07/29/2014
- Fact Check: Standing Up Against Unfair Trade, Kentucky Edition • by TGarland • 07/25/2014
- Strengthened Workforce Training is Great — and We Can Do More • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Americans Want Trade Agreements that Do Not Undermine Manufacturing Jobs, New Poll Finds • by TGarland • 07/23/2014
- Highlights from AAM's Trip to Detroit for Netroots Nation 2014 • by elizabethbb • 07/23/2014
- Toxic Fast Food: Just the Latest Scandal Involving Made-in-China Products. • by elizabethbb • 07/22/2014
- Drink Up with a Made in America Tervis Tumbler • by elizabethbb • 07/21/2014