Hailing the Glow Cloud, in a strictly American-made way
While Welcome to Night Vale (WTNV) and This American Life continue to battle for poll position on the iTunes store's top ten podcasts, those of us who sheepishly left the camp of the latter for that of the former need a way to show our allegiance. (I'm sorry, Ira Glass. I'm really, really sorry.)
It seems, in American culture, apparel is the go-to for showing loyalties -- be it to a band, sports team, church, family, whatever. I am so very pleased to report, that those wanting to show obedience to the Glow Cloud (and thus, support of WTNV) via apparel, can do so without sacrificing their allegiance to American manufacturers.
Indeed, when I purchased a t-shirt for a WTNV fan in my life, I was so happy when it arrived with an American Apparel tag.
Kudos to the folks who run WTNV's store on TopatoCo for keeping the podcast's souvenirs Made in America.
Now excuse me, while I go run at the Glow Cloud while shrieking and waving my arms ...
Related recent Blogs
- March 7, 2014: Weak #MFG job growth and a big trade deficit earn Obama the saddest of trombones • by mmcmullan • 03/07/2014
- It wasn't all weather: What's behind the weak manufacturing jobs report. • by admin • 03/07/2014
- A Berry good story on American-made footwear • by mmcmullan • 03/06/2014
- White House economic adviser Gene Sperling shares words of wisdom on his way out • by TGarland • 03/05/2014
- EPI: Address currency manipulation and you address the jobs deficit • by mmcmullan • 03/05/2014
- A first look at the president's budget proposal for 2015 • by mmcmullan • 03/04/2014
- Campaigns and political parties take note: We've got the key to attracting voters • by LDonia • 03/03/2014
- And the award goes to ... American workers • by TGarland • 03/03/2014
- March 3, 2014: Cold weather and cold Oscars pizza go together • by mmcmullan • 03/03/2014
- 86th Annual Academy Awards: A glimpse at Los Angeles' manufacturing sector • by TGarland • 03/01/2014