GUEST POST: Rhode Islanders celebrate 'Keep it Made in USA' efforts
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Dan Lawson reports on a recent celebration in Rhode Island...
United Steelworkers (USW) Local 4543 from Lincoln, Rhode Island held their annual picnic and Union Pride Day on 7/17/2011. 600 people were in attendance. Union President Ed Matais presented awards to Congressman David Cicilline, Congressman Jim Langevin, for becoming cosponsors of H.R. 639 The Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act of 2011, and for all the hard work they do for the working men and women of Rhode Island. They also gave me an award for the work I have done for AAM on the Currency Bill. (I was Shocked) They had door prizes of Flat Screen TV, DVD players, Coffee Maker, Micro wave oven, Parrakeet with a cage and even 25 pounds of fresh Maine Lobster.
IAFF Local 2729 brought down a ladder truck for the Children to explore from Valley Falls Fire Department, there were games and plenty of great food. And two bounce houses for the kids to play in. A great time, good conversations, and fantastic food. USW LOcal 4543 really outdid themselves and should be commended for the work and dedication they have shown on getting all of their Senators and Congressmen on H.R. 639.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- Now there's an idea: Using trade policy as leverage with China • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- A swing and a miss for Biden in Asia • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013