GUEST POST: Rhode Islanders celebrate 'Keep it Made in USA' efforts
Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Field Coordinator Dan Lawson reports on a recent celebration in Rhode Island...
United Steelworkers (USW) Local 4543 from Lincoln, Rhode Island held their annual picnic and Union Pride Day on 7/17/2011. 600 people were in attendance. Union President Ed Matais presented awards to Congressman David Cicilline, Congressman Jim Langevin, for becoming cosponsors of H.R. 639 The Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act of 2011, and for all the hard work they do for the working men and women of Rhode Island. They also gave me an award for the work I have done for AAM on the Currency Bill. (I was Shocked) They had door prizes of Flat Screen TV, DVD players, Coffee Maker, Micro wave oven, Parrakeet with a cage and even 25 pounds of fresh Maine Lobster.
IAFF Local 2729 brought down a ladder truck for the Children to explore from Valley Falls Fire Department, there were games and plenty of great food. And two bounce houses for the kids to play in. A great time, good conversations, and fantastic food. USW LOcal 4543 really outdid themselves and should be commended for the work and dedication they have shown on getting all of their Senators and Congressmen on H.R. 639.
Related recent Blogs
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- May 21, 2013 Headlines: Tensions with North Korea, a stronger WTO, and more. • by LRaup • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- It's Fashion Friday, but NoCargo carries more than just American-made clothing! • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- May 17, 2013 Headlines: Strengthening our national security, focusing on jobs, and more. • by LRaup • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013