Growing your own food? Use American-made tools!
This summer, make sure the equipment you in your vegetable gardens or with flowers is Made in the USA.
The owner of Norton USA’s played the role of Barbara Ehrenreich in a stage adaptation of her book, "Nickel and Dimed: On (Not) Getting By in America" and was shocked by the vast number of manufacturing jobs that had been lost to China. She was inspired to open a general store style shop that sells only American-made goods.
The company sells equipment such as hand trowels and rakes while also offering garden accessories like bird houses and wind chimes.
Researched and written by AAM intern Jaclyn Knell. Photo taken fron Norton's USA website.
Related recent Blogs
- #ShopAmerica: Health and Beauty gift ideas • by LDonia • 12/11/2013
- 5 Keys to American-Made Holiday Shopping • by TGarland • 12/11/2013
- December 11, 2013: US Trade Rep has not discussed this "currency manipulation" everyone keeps talking about • by mmcmullan • 12/11/2013
- The Big Three set the stage for a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/10/2013
- December 10, 2013: Welcome back, GM • by mmcmullan • 12/10/2013
- Pharmaceutical companies' interests are covered in the TPP -- as for everyone else? Ehh ... • by mmcmullan • 12/09/2013
- December 9, 2013: China reports biggest trade surplus in five years • by TGarland • 12/09/2013
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013