Following the release of new AAM poll, Sen. Sherrod Brown (D-OH) urges President Obama to focus on manufacturing
After the release of the Alliance for American Manufacturing's (AAM) bipartisan national poll which demostrates that Americans think the government isn’t doing enough to help manufacturing, Senator Sherrod Brown (D-OH) took the liberty of writing a letter to President Obama. In the letter, Sen. Brown urged the president “to devote greater attention to the needs of domestic manufacturers.” He also reiterated the importance of our manufacturing industry in ensuring long-term growth and job creation:
“The recovery of our manufacturing industry is critical to our country’s economic recovery. Historically, the manufacturing sector has provided Americans with good-paying, stable jobs—a reliable pathway to the middle class. It’s no wonder that with factories closing down and jobs going to China and Mexico that Americans think that Washington isn’t doing enough to save this vital industry,” Brown said. “But the good news is that we can work to reverse the damage—by closing loopholes for companies that ship jobs abroad and giving businesses strong incentives to Make It In America. We should be vigorously enforcing our trade laws—particularly with countries like China—and cracking down on currency manipulation and duty evasion. And finally, as one of the only developed nations without one, we must implement a National Manufacturing Strategy. A complete economic recovery requires a sustained strategy to ensure long-term job growth and job creation.”
AAM commends Sen. Brown for his support of manufacturing and agrees the the U.S. needs a national manufacturing strategy.
Sen. Brown is the author of the bipartisan National Manufacturing Strategy Act of 2011, which aims to bolster the competitiveness of the American manufacturing industry.
Related recent Blogs
- Kickstarting a manufacturing renaissance • by TGarland • 12/06/2013
- December 6, 2013: The #AAMeter, it moves (in the right direction)! • by mmcmullan • 12/06/2013
- U.S. Manufacturing Gains 27,000 Jobs in November: Alliance for American Manufacturing (AAM) Statement. • by scapozzola • 12/06/2013
- Indiana manufacturing program expands • by TGarland • 12/05/2013
- Scott Paul: Keep skilled jobs for skilled workers in Washington • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- December 5, 2013: Another voice for a currency rule in the TPP • by mmcmullan • 12/05/2013
- Some Made in America gift ideas for the obnoxious teenager in your life • by LDonia • 12/04/2013
- A bad time to sideline trade talks • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013
- Infrastructure investment means job creation • by TGarland • 12/04/2013
- December 4, 2013: Familiar trade deficit doldrums • by mmcmullan • 12/04/2013