Fixing the holes: Murphy legislation would close loopholes in Buy America Law
Rep. Chris Murphy (D-CT) is the founder of the Congressional Buy American Caucus. According to National Journal, he is introducing new legislation aimed at closing loopholes in Buy American law.
Murphy's bill "would require all federal contract solicitations to list all of the countries whose products could satisfy the contract. That way, he said, American business owners will have an idea of who they are competing against."
Murphy explained: "We need to make manufacturers more aware of the loopholes because if every manufacturer knew how many there were, they'd storm the Capitol. ... It's bad business for the federal government to be misleading manufacturers about who their competition is."
Related recent Blogs
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- President Obama visits Baltimore factory to promote infrastructure investment as a means of revitalizing the middle class • by LDonia • 05/17/2013
- Five reasons you should be concerned about the U.S. military's reliance on foreign manufacturers. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- Looking for a manufacturing job? Consider heading to one of these ten metro areas! • by mmcmullan • 05/16/2013
- National Retail Federation dismisses global safety plan for garment factories while Cambodian shoe factory collapses. • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- OPINION: Aren't we better off buying safe, Made-in-USA products? • by scapozzola • 05/16/2013
- May 16, 2013 Headlines: factory collapses in Cambodia, U.S. retail industry dismisses plan for safer working conditions, & more • by LDonia • 05/16/2013
- U.S. Senate Passes Water Resources Development Act (WRDA) with Buy America Amendment Included. • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013
- And the crystal ball says that U.S. manufacturing is going up/down/sideways... • by scapozzola • 05/15/2013