Fighting China's Currency Manipulation
The battle for the Chinese government to revalue their currency seems neverending, but AAM in junction with nearly 30,000 emails sent from concerned citizens across the country telling Congress to stop China's cheating, has come a long way in urging policymakers to make the necessary changes for fair trade with China.
With our help, people began to pay attention to the issue. We've even argued the point against Chinese currency manipulation with The New York Times. And Senators from both parties stood up for a low-cost policy decision that they truly believed wold help save American jobs.
The Currency Reform for Fair Trade Act made it through the House, and thought the Senate hesitated in the lame duck session, we'll continue to fight for a level playing field.
Related recent Blogs
- Reps. Daniel Lipinski (D-IL) and Michael Grimm (R-NY) form new Congressional Public Transportation Caucus. • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- Homeland Security and Gov. Tom Ridge • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- CNBC: Is a Chinese construction firm benefiting from its Beijing connection? • by scapozzola • 05/23/2013
- VIDEO: Concerns about America's defense industrial base • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- CNBC: China investing in U.S. • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- In Indiana, ongoing concerns about subsidized auto parts from China and Japan • by scapozzola • 05/22/2013
- RADIO: AAM's Scott Paul on Leslie Marshall Radio Show, May 20, 2013 • by scapozzola • 05/21/2013
- Shoring up our security means addressing the China challenge • by mmcmullan • 05/20/2013
- Quote of the Day from Caterpillar's Doug Oberhelman • by LDonia • 05/20/2013
- May 20, 2013 Headlines: Manufacturing & social media, growth of the U.S. economy, and more. • by LRaup • 05/20/2013